Gender based violence
is a global problem.
The aim of the project
Based on the training of life skills, teachers will transfer appropriate information, knowledge and skills to children to manage their behaviours, avoid and prevent violent behaviours. Developing healthy relationships with others and maintain meaningful life skills are considered very crucial elements for the building trust and positive relations in order to identify maladaptive and abusive behaviours.
Moreover, trained teachers will be competent to identify, recognise, prevent and know how to respond to incidents of GBV, but also avoid stereotypes that contribute to GBV. The aim of the project is to provide the necessary resources to the teachers to implement activities in the classroom in the future to raise awareness about GBV.
The project aims at:
• sensitizing and awareness raising of primary school teachers, students, parents and relevant stakeholders regarding GBV;
• supplying teachers with relevant classroom material enabling them to discuss about GBV in their classroom
• challenging existing gender stereotypes and ultimately prevent GBV.
• developing survey and analysis of result
• developing and refining Training/ Educational Package
• implementing awareness and dissemination activities to the target groups and general public ((video, animation movie, mobile application, memorabilia dissemination materials)
• enriching teachers’ competences and awareness about the issues of gender-based violence, and ways to tackle the issue.
• improving children’s knowledge and skills to prevent and to react to GBV.
• developing of a more unprejudiced society, able to understand and prevent GBV actions
Why you should educate yourself
The aim of the project is to develop an innovative training package and awareness raising